Qualifying begins: 20 June
The Draw: 24 June
Pre-event Press Conferences: 25 & 26 June
Order of Play: 26 June
Championships begin: 27 June
COME BACK FOR LIVE SCORES & LIVE BLOG FROM 20 JUNE
- A simplified form of seeding was introduced in 1924 when up to four representatives of a nation were drawn in the four different quarters of the draw.
- In 1927 full seeding was carried out and competitors were selected according to ability, irrespective of nationality.
- Seeding has been based on computer rankings since 1975.
- Since 1927 only two unseeded players have won the Gentlemen’s Singles - Boris Becker in 1985 and Goran Ivanisevic in 2001.
- No unseeded player has won the Ladies’ Singles.
- Eleven unseeded players have reached the final of the Gentlemen’s Singles and four unseeded players have reached the final of the Ladies’ Singles.
- Today there are 32 seeds in Gentlemen's and Ladies' singles.
Seeds for The Championships 2017 will be announced on Wednesday 28 June.
The seeds are the top 32 players on the Emirates ATP Ranking list, BUT then rearranged on a surface-based system. Since 2002 a seeding committee has not been required for the Gentlemen’s Singles following an agreement made with the ATP. The seeding order is determined using an objective and transparent system to reflect more accurately an individual player’s grass court achievements: The formula is:
- Take the Emirates ATP Ranking points at 26 June 2017
- Add 100% of the points earned for all grass court tournaments in the past 12 months
- Add 75% of the points earned for the best grass court tournament in the 12 months before that
The seeding order follows the WTA ranking list, except where in the opinion of the committee, a change is necessary to produce a balanced draw.