Qualifying begins: 20 June
The Draw: 24 June
Pre-event Press Conferences: 25 & 26 June
Order of Play: 26 June
Championships begin: 27 June
COME BACK FOR LIVE SCORES & LIVE BLOG FROM 20 JUNE
Tickets for The Championships Qualifying Competition will go on sale at noon on Monday 12 June.
There are Gentlemen’s and Ladies’ Singles competitions where players must win through three rounds to win one of the 16 Championships’ Main Draw places for men, or 12 Main Draw places for women.
There are also qualifying draws for Gentlemen’s and Ladies’ Doubles with four places available in the Main Draw of each event. All players receive ranking points and prize money and there is more money and ranking points on offer the more matches that they win.
If a Main Draw player withdraws after the qualifying competition has started, his/her place in the Main Draw will be taken by a lucky loser – this is a player that lost in the final round of qualifying. These players are drawn by lot against other losers in this round.
In 2017, for the first time, it will be possible to buy tickets for the Qualifying Competition which takes place from Monday 26 to Thursday 29 June, 2017. An allocation of up to 1,000 tickets per day, priced at £5 each, will be for sale online only via Ticketmaster on a first come, first served basis. There will be no facility to purchase tickets on the day of play at the venue. Please note: Ticket sales for the Qualifying Competition will not be available through the AELTC Ticket Office or the LTA.
For Wheelchair users there will be a Blue Badge drop-off facility, but regrettably there are no associated parking spaces.
All proceeds (net of VAT) from ticket sales will benefit the Wimbledon Foundation, the official charity of the All England Lawn Tennis Club and The Championships.
- There will be a ticket limit of two tickets per household for each day of the competition. If you do obtain more than the permitted number of tickets, they will be cancelled and you will not be permitted to use them.
- Tickets are strictly non-transferable and must not be sold, transferred or advertised for sale or transfer whether on the internet, in newspapers or elsewhere. Any tickets which are transferred, advertised or offered for sale or transfer will be void.
- You should read and understand the Conditions of Sale and Conditions of Entry before purchasing tickets. If you have been found to have been in breach of Wimbledon ticket rules, now or in the past, your Ticketmaster purchase will be cancelled.
- You are advised to create a My Ticketmaster account or sign into your My Ticketmaster account prior to purchasing tickets to avoid unnecessary delay.
The Bank of England Sports Centre, Bank Lane, Priory Lane, Roehampton, London, SW15 5JQ
For the first time, live coverage of one court will be available via Wimbledon.com and the AELTC’s broadcast partners, including the BBC and Eurosport in the UK, and ESPN in the US.
Wimbledon.com and the official apps also feature live point by point coverage and live updates from throughout the qualifying competition.
Children over 5 years of age are required to have their own ticket, which will be charged at the full price. A ticket is not required for those under 5.
All children under the age of 16 must attend the Qualifying Competition with an adult and be supervised appropriately.
There are no public parking facilities for this event which takes place in a residential area where traffic patrols will be in operation.
Therefore it is strongly recommended that you do not drive to the venue
From Central London
Mainline trains to Barnes from London (Waterloo) Station take approximately 20 minutes.
It is then a short taxi ride, or a 15 minute walk.
London Underground trains to Hammersmith Station (Piccadilly, District and Hammersmith & City Lines); then take 72 bus alighting near Barnes Station.
London Underground trains to East Putney Station and take the 337 bus alighting at Rosslyn Park.
The only public entry to the Grounds is by the entrance gate in Bank Lane (off Priory Lane). Gates will open at 9.30am and play is scheduled to start at 11.00am on all courts. Please be prepared for minor queues as there is only one entrance to the grounds.
Having purchased tickets, you will need to print the tickets at home and bring them with you – or have them available to view on your mobile phone – together with a form of photographic identity (such as a driving licence or passport).
Staff will check and scan your tickets and search any bags you have brought with you (see below for details of restricted items).
The following programme of play is a guide only and may change due to circumstances beyond the AELTC’s control.
Monday 26 June
Gentlemen's Singles First Round
Gentlemen's Doubles First Round
Tuesday 27 June
Gentlemen's Singles Second Round
Ladies' Singles First Round
Wednesday 28 June
Gentlemen's Singles Final Round
Gentlemen's Doubles Final Round
Ladies' Singles Second Round
Ladies' Doubles First Round
Thursday 29 June
Gentlemen's Singles Final Round
Ladies' Singles Final Round
Ladies' Doubles Final Round
The vast majority of the grounds are accessible, but given the nature of the venue, there are very limited spaces on the main show court (Court 11). There will be a large screen within the grounds broadcasting matches from this court, for anyone unable to find a place on the seating stand.
There is a range of food outlets at the Bank of England Sports Centre, with a restaurant, outdoor barbecue and refreshments’ outlet. Please note that these outlets will become quite busy at times and you may wish to bring your own food and drink supplies with you.
There is a Public Information tent to help answer all your queries and send you in the right direction.
There is limited cover, so please do check the weather forecast before leaving home and prepare for all eventualities.
The following items are prohibited from the Grounds (“Prohibited Items”):
- Any bag exceeding 40cm x 30cm x 30cm (16” x 12” x 12”);
- Hard-sided containers/items – such as picnic hampers/cool boxes and flasks;
- Any item which may be interpreted as a potential weapon and/or compromise public safety, including sharp or pointed objects (e.g. knives, large corkscrews), ‘personal protection’ sprays and fireworks/flares;
- Large flags (over 60cm x 60cm (2’ x 2’)), banners, rattles, klaxons or oversized hats;
- Any objects or clothing bearing political statements or commercial identification intended for ‘ambush marketing’, including items or objects given away as part of a promotional or marketing campaign by the third parties near to the Grounds;
- Spray paints or other items which could in the opinion of the AELTC be used to sabotage or damage property; and ‘selfie sticks’ or equivalents.
Please note there are no Left Luggage facilities available, so ensure you do not travel with any of these items as if discovered they will be confiscated and unfortunately cannot be returned.